Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two items: packing is really not fun but I tried not to obsess! Limited my colors to 3 and tried to cover warmer and colder options. At the last minute Phil decided to change the bag he was using. We are well within the weight limit but my bag is about 1/2 my size and I really hope I don't have to lug it too much!
Second, there was a volcano in Iceland that appears to be causing some disturbance in the Northern European skies. Phil called Swiss Air to check about this twice and all seems to be fine. I also hope it doesn't make for very cold weather during our travels.
I cannot believe that I cleaned the entire apartment and went for a swim already today - my hope is that I am exhausted enough to combat my excitement so that I can sleep on the plane. I did not get melatonin or anything like that to take for jet lag...I am hoping that a glass of wine with dinner, being exhausted, and having my back up of PM pain relievers is enough to help me sleep.
So, my next post will be from another country!

1 comment:

  1. Gayle: I am related to Phillip's friend Sue Farnum. We are really enjoying the blog! Keep us posted. Elizabeth Young

    ReplyDelete