Thursday, May 6, 2010

the last few days

We are home. I distinctly feel as though I did not get to stay in any place long enough to really, really know the place! Our last few days in Zurich were rainy ones. We were able to see another (smaller) art museum and walk along the lake, to have a fabulous dinner at Maggie's house, to do a bit more shopping and going for some walks, to have a luncheon with a very few of Big Ma's friends and another family dinner at Big Ma's apartment, and to briefly visit the atelier of Pam - a cousin of the Gut family and a dear friend of Marlyse. Pam works with clay and shares space with a few other women, two of whom were present. Also, we had time for a few more baked goods!
Our flight home seemed so easy - I watched 3 movies! We left in the afternoon and with the time difference, it was as though we only flew for 2 hours although to us it was way past midnight when we got to our apartment. Everything was as we left it.
Today we spent getting our mail, food shopping, unpacking, etc. Doing business! I also need time to reflect on everything. I certainly loved all the things we did on our trip. Zurich is another story - I am sure it will become a home away from home for us. New relationships were forged and some old ones were strengthened, I think. Even with how much I loved it all, it was so wonderful to come back to New England. The weather is wonderful and everything smells so fresh. It has been so long since I was here in the spring.
So I will post at least one more time related to this vacation in a day or two. I am considering continuing blogging any way, just as a place to comment on life! We will see! Also, I realize I have not posted ANY pictures - this was NOT my strength! I still will have to get those on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment